Growing great

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Growing great

Postby Jaxson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 am

Jaxson is growing great but I have a question, I have a mesh top for his tank but increased the UVlighting. Should I cut a hole where the UVlight is, hang it on something so it’s not sitting on the tank, or lower it inside the tank a little until I get a new tank which will be soon? (Pls don’t tell me to buy a new anything because I’m not). I really would just like the question answered.... Not to be rude but some ppl keep giving me other info I haven’t asked for and ask too many questions that doesn’t pertain to my actual question.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Growing great

Postby DorgEndo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 am

Cutting a hole in the mesh might be the easiest. Use colored masking tape to create the outline of where you want to cut. Wire snips, tin snips, or any small tool meant for cutting metal. Wear saftey gloves is my only unsolicited advice.
DorgEndo
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:15 am

Using zip ties would be less destructive than cutting a hole in the mesh. All you have to do is use a Phillip's screwdriver and push it through the mesh in 4 locations and wrap the ties around the light (assuming you have a long tube type UVB light).
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Jaxson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:34 am

DorgEndo wrote:Cutting a hole in the mesh might be the easiest. Use colored masking tape to create the outline of where you want to cut. Wire snips, tin snips, or any small tool meant for cutting metal. Wear saftey gloves is my only unsolicited advice.

Ok thanks so much, I have a wire cutting tool I can use.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Postby Jaxson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 am

Gormagon wrote:Using zip ties would be less destructive than cutting a hole in the mesh. All you have to do is use a Phillip's screwdriver and push it through the mesh in 4 locations and wrap the ties around the light (assuming you have a long tube type UVB light).

Trying to get a visual. I’ll check when I get home. Thank you!
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Jaxson wrote:Jaxson is growing great but I have a question, I have a mesh top for his tank but increased the UVlighting. Should I cut a hole where the UVlight is, hang it on something so it’s not sitting on the tank, or lower it inside the tank a little until I get a new tank which will be soon? (Pls don’t tell me to buy a new anything because I’m not). I really would just like the question answered.... Not to be rude but some ppl keep giving me other info I haven’t asked for and ask too many questions that doesn’t pertain to my actual question.

I have seen a lot of that lately, sometimes it's warranted and, sometimes not. I never advise anything that a dragon doesn't need. My only concern is the health of the dragon. You see, I love these little creatures and, want the best for all of them..even yours, LOL!!!
I know sometimes we come off brash but, we mean well. Please NEVER take it as an attack on your person, we just like helping folks get it right.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion