Beardie diarrhea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylielaf

We recently resucued a bearded dragon bout 2 months agoshe was very bad treated was getting fed human food such as pizza ceral ect and had no heat lamp for a year she has been great up till the last week she has had diarrhea very liquidy and has stuff in it she has been getting crickets and meal worms 2 times a week and pellets are always in her cage and gets arugula 3 times a week you can feel her ribs like shes flat chested what could cause this im really scared

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor girl! I'm glad you got her out of that situation. It may take quite a while for her system to normalize. Since it's been a couple of months it may be a good idea to have a vet check a sample for parasites. In the meantime keep offering her a wide variety of veges. I'd continue to go easy on the bugs/protein at this point and focus on keeping her hydrated and getting her used to eating greens and veges. A few items from this list in each salad is a good place to start. Just rotate based on what's fresh at the store http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html It's also important to provide proper temperatures and strong, high quality UVB lighting to help her digest everything properly and bounce back.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That was definitely a bad situation for your dragon before you got her. How is she doing
today?
It does them awhile to fully recover, too. Has she had much of an appetite?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom