Tegu and a Bearded Dragon? Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just got used to reptiles, its as if my parents never told me of this world of reptiles. Its awesome, my baby chroma is amazing in everyway he is my 3-4 month old beardie. I think i prefer reptiles over other pets, but thats not why im here. I was looking at tegu's and i am in love with them but worried buying one know is not the best thing for chroma. I know i wouldnt be able to handle them both at the same time, but im worried a tegu could potentially hunt and break into chromas tank to kill him. I know it sounds like paranoia but i wanted some opinions on this.

Hikari

As long as they're separated and not out at the same time, and each animal is in a sturdy enclosure, I don't see the problem. Keep in mind a tegu is gonna need a LOT more space than a beardy...they get BIG. If you're new to reptiles, and especially if you're hesitant, I'd say wait a bit. Get used to keeping your beardie first. That way you'll have more experience under your belt before jumping in with an even larger, more dangerous reptile. Make sure you are absolutely ready before taking that plunge.

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Okay thank you both, i think im definitely waiting for the tegu. I was reading up more on it and i dont have the proper space. Plus im worried about it getting to chroma.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
After losing Peaches in october last year, I debated on a Tegu and, after researching it for a good bit I decided on another dragon.
Not all Tegus are as calm and, gentle as the ones you see on youtube. They capable of doing EXTREME damage to you at a whim. They can break bones if they bite because they not only bite, they do a death roll when they do. These animals are not for beginners by any stretch. They are unpredictable and, are a ONE-OWNER reptile. They require a LOT of space and, will eat you out of house and, home.
Just stick to Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom