Beardie starting a weird poop schedule

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Beardie starting a weird poop schedule

Postby BazziTheBeardie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:37 pm

So my beardie Bazzi has always pooped daily. Hes about 5-6 months old. He has a diet of 15 calcium d3 crickets & 5 crickets daily along with fresh veggies such as zucchini,mustard,collard,turnip greens,he eats parsley & cilantro & all that good stuff. He recently went one day without pooping which didnt concern me. He pooped the next day after a bath then pooped the day after that. He didnt poop one day. But yesterday he did. Today he didnt. Its been a mess,its concerning me. Hes not on sand and never has been. The carpet by his tank where he sits has all types of different things sitting in it such as bunny bedding and other things. I wonder if he may have accidentally digested something last week. I dont think thats the case because he has pooped atleast 4 times during his off & on. Is it normal for beardies to begin an every other/every 3 day pooping schedule as they age.
BazziTheBeardie
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie starting a weird poop schedule

Postby Gormagon » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:58 pm

They go through phases like that sometimes. They tend to create drama, LOL!!! As a good slave, you are doing exactly what he wants, .... worrying!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby BazziTheBeardie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Ok. Hes eased out and sort of gone back on schedule,thank you.
BazziTheBeardie
Newbie Poster

Postby krba201076 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm

The same thing happened to me. My girl would poop ten minutes after breakfast without fail. Then the main day I needed her to poop for a poop sample, she wouldn't do it. Go figure!
Checkout my new video on saving money on caring for your reptiles...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq9iVnvnaQM
krba201076
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion