Lump of poop or a prolapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORiiiON

A few days after Christmas I had the money to get myself a bearded dragon. Hes very cuddly and sociable! I got him online from someone whom I met up with, And since then I've bought him a proper UVB and a heating pad.
He s been eating well and his only recent issue was a hair in the eye that caused an infection which he's getting treated for now.
But today when I walked into my room I noticed he had just freshly popped. Nothing was out of the ordinary except for it being a bit runnier than usual.
In has anal area, ( not quite sure what its called. ) there's a big lump sticking out. After family examining it they believe it's just poop. It looks quite dry and there isn't alot sticking out but it's hard to tell. Any ideas ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that area can be called anal , cloacal or vent. A prolapse is very serious so I hope that's not what your new little friend has. Post some pics ASAP of the vent area. Post pics of his set up + lights as well, naming the exact lights you are using. Also what he eats [ size of the insects, pics would be good too ] Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them.

If he does have a prolapse, you can soak him in lukewarm sugar water [ about 1/3 cup of sugar dissolved in warm water ] The sugar can reduce the inflammation which allows the prolapse to retract, not always but in some cases.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If it doesn't retract after a sugar water soak and you can't get to a vet tonight, put some vaseline. KY jelly or raw honey on it. Make sure there are no loose leftover insects in his tank. If no vet will see him and it is a prolapse you'll have to gently push it back in yourself, it can be done but is best done by a vet.

Hope this is not a prolapse though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom