Any tips on how to feed a Beardie Calci Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve bought some Calci Worms which are in soil and they come out covered in it. Do I need to rinse every worm before feeding or is there another way

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Normally I would just flick/rub the dirt off of the worms and give them to my dragons, never had a problem with it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I try to remove as much as I can. If offering just a few I brush them with my hand. If I need to offer a lot I rinse them in a sieve. Try to dry them a bit after rinsing them though. They become good climbers when they are wet.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I go the trouble of fishing all the BSFL out of the "dirt' by hand and place them in some dry coco peat when storing them.
Those I plan to use inside a week I place in an empty plastic takeaway tub (which has airholes in the lid) , they will dry and clean each other by crawling over each other.

I tend to hand feed my BSFL and flies to my skinks and dragon. I snip the worm's head off to give the lizard a taste of the yummy stuff inside else they refuse to eat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom