Feeding bowl suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Za941

Hey guys!

So my beardie is having her adult growth spurt and she's eating like a maniac! It's great! My only issue is that she likes eating out of her bowl but she struggles to actually catch the bugs because they get into the awkward corners of it.

She's never really learnt how to use her tongue so she kinda pecks, chomps, misses and then walks off discouraged. Im thinking maybe a different bowl - she has a ceramic cat bowl so no bugs get out. Just thought I'd ask out of curiosity for any suggestions on good ones?

Also she really doesn't like being fed outside her tank. She tends to graze on her bugs throughout the day.??‍♀️

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What's going into the feeding bowl ?

( regarding insects , some worms are really hoodinies and require a special type of bowl to keep them in it ).

Za941

Original Poster
Depends, her main staple is dubias and calcis. But I also feed her Morios, silks and waxs as treats. The dubias are notorious for escape which is why I got a high walled bowl but now she struggles to get at them ?

Za941

Original Poster
That's not far off from what I had before Cooperdragon but unfortunately the dubias get out. She's a big girl now so she's eating medium to large.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's trouble then. The dubias can climb fairly well. Worms work well using those curved dishes that flukers makes. I tend to just offer my dubias one at a time to make them easier to chase and easier to remove after feeding time. I just leave salads in the tank between meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom