Beardies Third Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for anyone who was unsure, all beardies have a parital eye on the top of their heads. My understanding: It's an evolutionary advantage that allows them to detect light and shadows from above to help them to find better light and heat sources and provide an advantage from flying/taller pray. No imagry is formed, it's for light detection only.

What I would like to know is: is it sensitive? I've stroked Spyro's head multiple times before I was aware of the pineal eye and she's never flinched. I just want to make sure she doesn't feel uncomfortable and that I'm not damaging her in anyway.

+(interesting fact: Us humans also have a third eye, very similar to most lizzard species and most other vertebrates. It's called the pineal gland and it resides within our brain and controls and produces melaronin. A hormone that regulates our wakefulness in relation to day and night cycles)+
pretty interesting and there's a spiritual myths and legends around this as well.
-sorry to digress-

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've never noticed them react to their head being touched aside from being generally annoyed by it sometimes. I don't think it's physically sensitive like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom