Travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on moving in a bit and taking me beardies with me. From what I've read, keeping them in their 40's probably isn't to great of a plan. I'm curious what size tub I should get (because that was what was recommended to me), I'm not sure if the tub should be the length of my beardies or if they should be slightly larger/smaller. The drive is about 6-7 hours, and is from California to Arizona so its not like the weather gap is huge, there's a difference but not huge. Any suggestions?
(Non beardie section)
Along with my beardies, my leopard geckos are coming along to, will they be fine in some 10 gallon tanks just for the drive or will I need something smaller. Sorry for the leo question but I assume people here have more than just beardies.
(Related to both)
With a not to long but kind of long drive, will the temperature be a big deal in the car? Like will I need some heat packs or will they all be fine?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the temps. should be fine. Don't feed them the day of the drive and you can use a plastic storage tote about the size of a bootbox with a layer of newspaper on the bottom and some shredded newspaper or paper towels in case he poos. You can also use a small pet carrier set up the same. It should be no problem at all. :)

Orangutans

Original Poster
AHBD":3rr2hi7g said:
Hi there, the temps. should be fine. Don't feed them the day of the drive and you can use a plastic storage tote about the size of a bootbox with a layer of newspaper on the bottom and some shredded newspaper or paper towels in case he poos. You can also use a small pet carrier set up the same. It should be no problem at all. :)
I know totes aren't air tight, but will I have to poke holes in the lids? I may end up doing it just for my sanity.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You don't need holes, just like we don't need windows down in the car to breath. If you feel better doing it that's fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom