Socializing with my Beardie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Socializing with my Beardie

Postby Nykeri » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:29 am

So today I was trying to get Rocco to measure him, and he saw me coming ad was running all over his tank! I picked him up and took a quick measurement and when I went to place him back in hi viv, he started to run up my arm! He's only about 5.75 inches now, and I'm so afraid of losing him, but yet I want to spend more time with him.... thought or suggestions?
Nykeri
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Socializing with my Beardie

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Try setting up pillows or other barriers in front of furniture or anything he can get under that you can't reach him. Pick up small bits off the floor that he could ingest. Maybe set up a clamp lamp or other kind of portable basking light for him and let him run around a bit and explore. If you're watching him closely and have an area blocked off he should be OK.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Re: Socializing with my Beardie

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:44 pm

I'd be very careful if you let him go on the floor, any gap they can squeeze their head through is a place they can go.

I didn't let my hatchlings on the floor until they were about 200g.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion