Is there such thing as airborne illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I have 2 beardies and one of them is in the basement and i want to bring her into the room with my other beardie and i was wondering should i get a fecal test first? I got her at around 7 months old from someone who didn't want her anymore

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Airborne illness I wouldn't be too concerned about, but a fecal test isn't a bad idea either way. If they come into contact with surfaces that have been contaminated with feces and not sanitized it can pass infection. There are fungal infections that can spread through contact with contaminated surfaces as well. That said, many people have more than one dragon and they get time out of the tanks (not necessarily together). If you keep everything pretty well cleaned and sanitized, and wash your hands well between handling each dragon, then the risks are probably minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom