Newbie here help,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylac123

Ok , we have waited on ordering our baby dragon till our tank was completely set up and our temps were correct.
Our baby is coming from Caolima dragons and our tank is from Carolina custom cages and is 18x 36 ,.. large
We have ceramic tile bottom and our hammock and probe thermometers are on there way .
I now have a reading of 110 on his basking rock
Anything else we need ? Tia

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Congrats - make sure he/she has different levels to go up and down - especially up to the basking area...also a private hide area that he/she can chill out in. Do you have any rocks or fake plants??
I would look at how everyone on this site has their tanks set up and go from there...and just remember - he/she will need a few days to adjust to their new home, just like you would... send pix!

Laylac123

Original Poster
I would love to Post pics but I don’t know how I was told that as a baby he should be not allowed any hiding spots thanks

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Go to the home page and near the bottom of the page it has a link on how to upload pix -
I’m new to this site too and I figured it out quite easily. Which means anyone can ... I never heard that a youngster dragon shouldn’t have a hide ... let’s see what others say about that ....

fubardad

Laylac123":m6vd0mm1 said:
I would love to Post pics but I don’t know how I was told that as a baby he should be not allowed any hiding spots thanks
On the forum... there is something (in red) called "User Image Uploader" (right under the "Dragon" in BeardedDragon.org). Click that "User Image Uploader" and then upload your photo.

Then click the button "XIMG" to look for your picture and it will show up and select it.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I’m not familiar with the Carolina cages but does it come with a uvb? The best to get is a t5 10% or 12% , one half the length of your enclosure, mounted inside under the roof of it and have it 12” to the basking spot.
I would provide a hide, even make it out of a shoebox If you like, and just remove it if you find he is hiding too much and not getting enough uvb because of it.

Not sure what you have already but calcium powder to lightly dust his insects 5days a week while under a year old, and then vitamins once per week ( on one of the days you do not give calcium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom