Beardie & Human hygiene

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertup

Hi there, Bert and I are new here and to each other. I adopted him a few weeks ago, he is 1 year old. There are a lot of questions but tonight I'd like to ask about him and my hygiene and that of my other animals. I know to wash my hands before and after handling him but what about the other surfaces of my body, like my arms, neck? Also the towels, floor and couch? Will he transmit anything there that I should be worried about? I also have very curious cats that want to "check him out", can they catch anything from each other? Also, he has very sharp nails right now and is scratching me all over, should I be worried about that kind of contact? Sorry, I know he is not dirty but i'm worried about salmonella etc. Thanks in advance :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
My advice would be KEEP THE CATS AWAY FROM YOUR DRAGON!!!!
Cats kill for fun, it is their nature. They are sneaky and, crafty creatures that can never be trusted around ANY small creature.

As for hygiene, just wash your hands like you are doing. Cats carry more bacteria than your dragon does especially in their nails and teeth so, you are more apt to get worms or an infection from the cats than you are your dragon.

You are worrying about the wrong animal.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":15f7lq8n said:
My advice would be KEEP THE CATS AWAY FROM YOUR DRAGON!!!!
Cats kill for fun, it is their nature. They are sneaky and, crafty creatures that can never be trusted around ANY small creature.

As for hygiene, just wash your hands like you are doing. Cats carry more bacteria than your dragon does especially in their nails and teeth so, you are more apt to get worms or an infection from the cats than you are your dragon.

You are worrying about the wrong animal.

I agree …. on both points.

Please keep the cats away from the dragon and never allow them in the same room (even if he's in his tank , cats can easily break into mesh / wire topped tanks to attack and kill a dragon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom