New beardie! Help on morph/coloring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! I just rescued a little beardie (pet store said they’d really needed someone to take him since he was being picked on by the others) (he is a runt)
I am pretty certain he is a normal, but his grays and oranges are throwing me off! He also has stripes running along his under belly, and has white nails with black lines. His eyes are almost completely black with a beautiful gold ring
102612-7235765350.jpg
102612-630662232.jpg
102612-2527752808.jpg
I would describe his back coloring as a mossy dark grey with hints of orange. we know he is a normal scale
all help is appreciated!

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
The dark lines you mention on the underside are what they call “stress lines” but they don’t mean stress, mine gets them often when trying to soak up the heat from his basking light. Yours will have relocation stress though ( they all pretty much get it when moving homes, moving vivs or even sometimes with decor changes. You’ll get much more of an idea of his colouring once he is settled.
You’ll also find that even as a adult their colouring is always lighter and brighter when out of the viv - no idea why but it just happens
As for morphs I’m new to that as where I am there is no morphs - citrus and blue bars are as “fancy” as it gets here - that is what my boy is.
Yours is a cutie :) what is his/her name?

Summer11005

Original Poster
MarlowAndMe":g6mr7fa5 said:
The dark lines you mention on the underside are what they call “stress lines” but they don’t mean stress, mine gets them often when trying to soak up the heat from his basking light. Yours will have relocation stress though ( they all pretty much get it when moving homes, moving vivs or even sometimes with decor changes. You’ll get much more of an idea of his colouring once he is settled.
You’ll also find that even as a adult their colouring is always lighter and brighter when out of the viv - no idea why but it just happens
As for morphs I’m new to that as where I am there is no morphs - citrus and blue bars are as “fancy” as it gets here - that is what my boy is.
Yours is a cutie :) what is his/her name?

thanks for that info! he actually had those lines at the store too, so presuming the predicament of the others taking all the food etc it could make since!
also, he sound like a beauty! my critter doesn't have a name quite yet, sorta wanna get the colors and sex down atm! tysm !

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I reckon your ones orange will come out more
My boy was green with a touch of yellow and orange mainly in his cheeks when I got him at 9months old
He’s now 3 months on and he’s much more yellow and orange

9months :
101427-7918888773.jpg
After his colours brightened after relocation stress:
101427-289421240.jpg
Now:
101427-7018089331.jpg

Summer11005

Original Poster
MarlowAndMe":pc17mhs5 said:
I reckon your ones orange will come out more
My boy was green with a touch of yellow and orange mainly in his cheeks when I got him at 9months old
He’s now 3 months on and he’s much more yellow and orange

9months :
101427-7918888773.jpg
After his colours brightened after relocation stress:
101427-289421240.jpg
Now:
101427-7018089331.jpg

Thanks bunches! Helped out quite a bit :) also what a beautiful set up you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom