Climbing walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi. I think Dobby could be bored. Thinking of getting a background climbing wall , are they safe ? I don’t want him to hurt himself if he falls or jumps down. Also he’s still digging at the floor but it’s no longer sand so what can I uses as digging box.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I prefer using driftwood or grapewood as climbing areas. Foam backgrounds have a tendency to fall apart and give bugs a place to hide. Time outside of the tank to roam around, look out a window, or bask under a portable light are also good ways to offer enrichment.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi. Yes thanks. I got some java wood pieces and some extra large hides/platforms. He comes out daily for a while to explore. Even had mad idea to give him our spare room, just put in uv tubes all around the walls and give him a few basking spots. But probably couldn’t provide warm enough temps ha ha x

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've thought about offering the spare room too =). They actually get pretty used to returning to set basking spots so if done right with plenty of options you could do that if you wanted.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ha ha I’ll look into it , not sure my grown up kids will be impressed having to sleep on sofa when they visit while he had his own room ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom