Found this AWESOME answer on why beardies have shoulder pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
So I was thinking , what are Marlow’s shoulder pads for? They bug me, I don’t know why - it’s not that I find them ugly , more that I don’t understand them. So I googled it and it linked me to a old post on this forum and i think the first response is the best answer to any dragon question EVER! So I am posting its link here for you all to enjoy :)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176394

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That was an awesome answer but, I think they are there as a spike suppressor of sorts. After all you'd think those spikes poke'n at your shoulders all the time would get a bit irritating.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some funny answers there. :D
My guesses would be either : 1) makes them look like a larger animal's eyes staring back at a predator , which was mentioned in that thread, or : 2) something to absorb extra heat. BTW, the actual name of the pads are " epaulets ".

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Alternate theory on these is that they are wing buds, not remnants. I call my beardie a baby dragon even though he's around 1.5 y.o. Figuring that your average village burning, knight slaying, fire-breather might just fit on an American football field, we obviously must have very new hatchlings. But you know, they grow up so fast... It won't be long before wings start to grow and smoke starts coming from his nostrils. Then it'll be off into the world & the only time I'll hear from him is when he calls asking for money because he reduced so-and-so town to ash or 'accidentally' ate a whole herd of cattle on a bender.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Aaradimian":32nf8dc2 said:
Alternate theory on these is that they are wing buds, not remnants. I call my beardie a baby dragon even though he's around 1.5 y.o. Figuring that your average village burning, knight slaying, fire-breather might just fit on an American football field, we obviously must have very new hatchlings. But you know, they grow up so fast... It won't be long before wings start to grow and smoke starts coming from his nostrils. Then it'll be off into the world & the only time I'll hear from him is when he calls asking for money because he reduced so-and-so town to ash or 'accidentally' ate a whole herd of cattle on a bender.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom