Do i need to get anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The sand -- I would not use it -- tile or vinyl floor covering--- what is the basking bulb wattage? and the UVB what size is it --- it does not give specifics--- other than that it looks like a great home for him / her-- do you know the size of the tank ? like 40-50-120 gallon? I recently purchased a Zen Habitat home and its a 120 gallon -- the flooring back and sides are of bamboo- so the floor is pretty slippery- I am going to put some slated tile in so it gives him traction and keep his nails down-- the bamboo keeps the tank warmer than glass so all I have is a 100 watt basking bulb w/ the Arcadia T5 UVB bulb-- the basking is in top of the screen and the UVB was mounted in side the tank -- that tank you are getting is that solid on top or does it have a screen? I cant tell
Karrie

Finnhall1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":22ipv3td said:
The sand -- I would not use it -- tile or vinyl floor covering--- what is the basking bulb wattage? and the UVB what size is it --- it does not give specifics--- other than that it looks like a great home for him / her-- do you know the size of the tank ? like 40-50-120 gallon? I recently purchased a Zen Habitat home and its a 120 gallon -- the flooring back and sides are of bamboo- so the floor is pretty slippery- I am going to put some slated tile in so it gives him traction and keep his nails down-- the bamboo keeps the tank warmer than glass so all I have is a 100 watt basking bulb w/ the Arcadia T5 UVB bulb-- the basking is in top of the screen and the UVB was mounted in side the tank -- that tank you are getting is that solid on top or does it have a screen? I cant tell
Karrie
The size is about 40-50 gallons, the bulb is 200w and the uvb is a long tube bulb that covers the entire length The top is a screen but ive screwed the bulbs into it
https://i.imgur.com/kvpYZkc.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get a Infrared gun to take those temps-- they are cheap like $10-- and you can get them at a hardware store like Home Depot or Walmart etc.......... or even order them off Amazon- thats where I got mine-- what kind of UVB? You want a Reptisun 10.0 T8 or a Arcadia 10.0 T5- the T8's need to be changed out every 6 months where as the T5 last for a year-- and if the UVB is in the tank which is best w/ no reflector on light bulb it should be like 6 " from him -- your lighting places a crucial part in their lives-- how big is the dragon? Is it a baby- ? Temps should be a little warmer than older dragons like 100 -110- -- for basking- and cooler around 80 or so on cool side- if your temps in house are warm I wouldnt think you would need a heat emitter - no light bulb just the heat for night time- they dont want the tank below 65 at night- do you have calcium powder and vitamins? those 2 should be given as well there is a chart on this website under articles far right side it says bearded dragon care sheet - this site has wonderful information and can answer alot of your questions and then some -- and there is a lady on here - her name is Tracie Drache613 that can answer a lot of your medical questions as well--

Karrie

Finnhall1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3r2qr02b said:
Please get a Infrared gun to take those temps-- they are cheap like $10-- and you can get them at a hardware store like Home Depot or Walmart etc.......... or even order them off Amazon- thats where I got mine-- what kind of UVB? You want a Reptisun 10.0 T8 or a Arcadia 10.0 T5- the T8's need to be changed out every 6 months where as the T5 last for a year-- and if the UVB is in the tank which is best w/ no reflector on light bulb it should be like 6 " from him -- your lighting places a crucial part in their lives-- how big is the dragon? Is it a baby- ? Temps should be a little warmer than older dragons like 100 -110- -- for basking- and cooler around 80 or so on cool side- if your temps in house are warm I wouldnt think you would need a heat emitter - no light bulb just the heat for night time- they dont want the tank below 65 at night- do you have calcium powder and vitamins? those 2 should be given as well there is a chart on this website under articles far right side it says bearded dragon care sheet - this site has wonderful information and can answer alot of your questions and then some -- and there is a lady on here - her name is Tracie Drache613 that can answer a lot of your medical questions as well--

Karrie
Thank you karrie that helps alot!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The only other thing I can suggest is to attach that arcadia light to the top screen to make it easier on your eyes. Will still provide plenty of UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes and I meant shelf liner for the flooring -- sorry! The tile is cheap - cost me $10 for a 50 gallon tank and I am not sure what shelf liner runs but I expect not much more or even cheaper--- your choice!

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're getting good advice on things here. Just wanted to add that the 200 watt bulb is waaaay too hot. Your dragon would get a serious burn if he spends much time under it. Go with either 1-2 bulbs , 60 -75 watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom