Show Pics of your Non Beardie pets! :)

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Show Pics of your Non Beardie pets! :)

Postby KevinsMom33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Thanks for the advise - they’ve been together for a long time - Kevin was full grown already when the girls were kittens- he chases them. I do keep a very close eye on them when they’re around each other.
Irene's house of dragons... and cats....
KevinsMom33
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Xanelic » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Charlene is such a couch potato:
[Click image to enlarge]

Hot dog bun!! I don't like it Chicago style :P
[Click image to enlarge]

^^before anyone says she's obese, she's a French lop and isn't anywhere NEAR obese lol...

Charlene and her brother, Link! <Link is the darker cat
[Click image to enlarge]
>>I love my beardie, Chien<<

Had him since
July 5th, 2018
Xanelic
Hatchling Poster

Postby KevinsMom33 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Always am careful - they’ve all been together for a long time. :)
KevinsMom33
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:46 pm

KevinsMom33 wrote:Thanks for the advise - they’ve been together for a long time - Kevin was full grown already when the girls were kittens- he chases them. I do keep a very close eye on them when they’re around each other.

Ok good. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that There is a possibility for that to happen. :)
Xanelic wrote:Charlene is such a couch potato:
[Click image to enlarge]

Hot dog bun!! I don't like it Chicago style :P
[Click image to enlarge]

^^before anyone says she's obese, she's a French lop and isn't anywhere NEAR obese lol...

Charlene and her brother, Link! <Link is the darker cat
[Click image to enlarge]
Lol My cat is the same way, She loves Coming inside to sleep on the couch.

Lol it took me a minute to realize what Hot dog bun was but Lol she's cute. I barely know anything on rabbits so I wouldn't know that she was obese or not, to me she looks perfectly fine to me. :)
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:33 am

So many beautiful creatures, fluffy as well as scaly ! Here's another of my scaly friends, Rascal, looks JUST like a beardie but it's a clown agama [ aka painted agama ]

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploa ... _large.jpg

Last edited by AHBD on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:41 am

KevinsMom33 wrote:Thanks for the advise - they’ve been together for a long time - Kevin was full grown already when the girls were kittens- he chases them. I do keep a very close eye on them when they’re around each other.

Not worth the risk.

Only takes a split second for a cat turn nasty and it's instincts to kick in , only takes one bite or claw penetrating wound from a cat for a reptile to end up dead ( might not be right away , but it'll end up as a very hard to treat systemic infection and these more often than not end up with a dead lizard.

Also , it give impressionable people the impression that it's OK to let their cat have access to their lizard and give them a false sense of security about this very dangerous and unwise practice.
Just think about it , how long do you think you'd last if someone locked you in a cage with a lion, a tiger or a polar bear ?
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby KevinsMom33 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:53 am

I'm sure you mean well - but I'm pretty sure I got this handled. My cats and my dragons are just fine. I do not in any way suggest anyone follow our lead in anything, we have a unique situation as Kevin is (once again) a FREE RANGE dragon, which means he does not have a tank - at all - goes where he wants, goes up and down the stairs, go in and out of the house to the sun on the (secured) deck - he has his spot on a yoga mat with rocks and basking spot and he does his thing - he's 5 years old and has been like this for YEARS - he's fine. - Nona will be the same when she is ready and if she prefers to be a in the tank dragon, that's where she will stay. The cats are fine with them - Thanks you again for your concern.
KevinsMom33
Hatchling Poster

Postby Betty53218 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:49 am

AHBD, that is so cool! I never even knew something like this existed! He is beautiful! Do you care for them like a beardie? Looks like the same kind of setup.
Betty53218
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:08 am

Thank you ! Their care is similar, they only grow to about 13" total so are easier as far as not needing such a large tank. They are from Greece, Turkey, Iran area. Not QUITE as docile as a beardie but can be handled easily. Here's another shot to show his colors.

AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Betty53218 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm

He is just awesome! I can’t get over how much he resembles a beardie. Amazing!
Betty53218
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:11 pm

I know, and they even have the old stink eye just like a true dragon ! Both are in the agama family and these guys really do look like mini dragons. They are captive bred by just a few people and are very affordable.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:44 pm

AHBD wrote:So many beautiful creatures, fluffy as well as scaly ! Here's another of my scaly friends, Rascal, looks JUST like a beardie but it's a clown agama [ aka painted agama ]

I Agree! This thread is turning out great. :D and Oh wow!! Rascal Is Amazing! 😯 Such a Beautiful lizard. Rascal is so cool. 😯 He looks nice and healthy as well. :)
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, a Ball Python, two Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby erlabella » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Here are my non beardie pets:

This is my dog Bella. She’s a Cavalier and the sweetest dog ever. She’s currently 9 yo and still going strong.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my budgie. His name is Nacho and he’s tame. He’s very shy and sassy, but I still love him. He’s almost 3 years old.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my unnamed female Mojave Ball Python and literally the sweetest girl ever. She’s an amazing eater and sheds perfectly everytime and doesn’t mind being handled at all, even when introducing her to small crowds of people. I think she’s around 1 and half years old.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my last pet, a Russian Tortoise. His name is Leonardo like the ninja turtle. He’s still a baby at around 2 years of age. He’s tiny and absolutely the cutest tortoise ever.
[Click image to enlarge]
erlabella
Hatchling Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:52 pm

AHBD wrote:So many beautiful creatures, fluffy as well as scaly ! Here's another of my scaly friends, Rascal, looks JUST like a beardie but it's a clown agama [ aka painted agama ]

Oh wow!!! We don’t have them here so this is all new to me!! What a beauty!!
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:12 pm

erlabella wrote:Here are my non beardie pets:

This is my dog Bella. She’s a Cavalier and the sweetest dog ever. She’s currently 9 yo and still going strong.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my budgie. His name is Nacho and he’s tame. He’s very shy and sassy, but I still love him. He’s almost 3 years old.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my unnamed female Mojave Ball Python and literally the sweetest girl ever. She’s an amazing eater and sheds perfectly everytime and doesn’t mind being handled at all, even when introducing her to small crowds of people. I think she’s around 1 and half years old.
[Click image to enlarge]

This is my last pet, a Russian Tortoise. His name is Leonardo like the ninja turtle. He’s still a baby at around 2 years of age. He’s tiny and absolutely the cutest tortoise ever.
[Click image to enlarge]
Your dog, Bird, Snake, and Tortoise are all adorable!! Especially the budgie and Tortoise! 😍

By the way what size is your ball python? she looks similar size wise to my ball python, Who is around 6-7 months old. a One and a half year old ball python would be around 3 or so feet probably. My ball python is Around 2 feet long.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion