New beardie owner here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatB07

Hello! I am new to the bearded dragon world and have a few questions.
What is the go to uvb fixture you like?
What is your favorite substrate?
Do you keep water in the tank all the time?
How do you feed your dragon? How much do they eat?
Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the go to uvb fixture you like? Have a Reptisun T8-
What is your favorite substrate? Tile
Do you keep water in the tank all the time? No
How do you feed your dragon? How much do they eat? Put the dubias in tank -- he chases- right now its fluctuating-- any where between 5-12 dubias / day- salad every other day or so- 1 horn worm / day and 3 butter worms / day- he does not seem to like supers any more - and he eats nutri grubs too but havent gotten any for the last couple of weeks--

Karrie

JinxJones

What is the go to uvb fixture you like?-Anything that holds a Reptisun 10.0 bulb, reflects down, and covers about half your cage.
What is your favorite substrate?-When my girl was younger paper towels worked great (you can fit any size tank and just replace what gets pooped on) but now I have her on ceramic tile. DO NOT get sand for a young dragon as it can't be digested and causes impaction
Do you keep water in the tank all the time?-I do not, most beardies won't drink from still water, they get enough from their food and baths. A water dish will only really impact humidity (which should never go above 50%)
How do you feed your dragon? How much do they eat?- This changes as they grow up, but I use live crickets and feed her twice a day. Monitor your dragons weight and shape to gauge if you're feeding enough. It is vague I know, but I could only learn to gauge through experience. Hand feeding really helps bonding but can result in your beardie refusing to hunt if you do it too often. As far as veggies I always have them available and frequently reference: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is the go to uvb fixture you like?
I love this combo set http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

What is your favorite substrate?
I use tile and fleece. Any solid substrate that is easy to clean and sanitize is a good choice. Non adhesive shelf liner is a popular option too.

Do you keep water in the tank all the time?
I don't keep water in the tank. I offer water by dripping it on my dragon's nose from a plastic syringe. He gets most of his hydration from squash and live bugs though.

How do you feed your dragon? How much do they eat?
My dragon is an adult and gets a salad every day. He gets a bug meal once a week or so. Usually roaches but sometimes I mix in black soldier fly larvae, horn worms, or silk worms to add variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom