Dobby not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi Dobby is 8 months old, his temps are stable at 103 basking and 82 cooler end , nothing has changed except our dog passed away last week but Dobby is not eating much. He/She isn’t chasing the crickets or locusts and not eating much veg. Is this a kind of brumation do you think ? All he/she does is sleep most of the time. Pooping every other day as usual, and has recently shed some skin. Thanks all

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
100805-9113594163.jpg
100805-6813807525.jpg
. His lights seem to be ok. How will I know if the uv is too old ? had it for 5 months when I got the set up

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful set up and Dobby is fat as butter so no problem if he is snoozing for a bit. When they grow that fast + put on weight so quickly they can go without food at an earlier age. :)

What type of uvb do you use ? And is that play sand or calcium sand ? Calcium sand can pose a risk if ingested in large amounts, turning to a cement like texture. Play sand is usually fine but watch out for the substrate police here, they will fine you + throw you in jail if they could. :)

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ha ha. It’s fine play sand, he don’t usually have any problem getting the insects instead of sand. I’ve never seen him miss his target, the uv light is Arcadia 10% desert uva/uvb does the noise of the basking bulb annoy them ? It is like a humming noise. Just trying to rule out everything, he has a bath once a week, fresh veg every day. He likes mixed lettuce like mixed rocket salad, baby leaf salad and spring greens with carrot for a bit of colour. He don’t eat the carrot though. Can they have Apple as a treat ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Everything sounds good. :) And no need to give him apple, the greens are much better. It wouldn't hurt him as a treat but is not really good because of sugar content.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That’s great. Thank you so much. Seems I’m worrying over unduly ha ha x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom