Cleaning cage during brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I was wondering: my beardy is in brumation now in his own cage, but I also think the cage needs to be cleaned. Can I remove my beardy from the cage, clean it and put him back? Or shall I wait till brumation ends?
Thanks!

Depends on how deep asleep he is I suppose.

My beardie was so deep in I could drill next to her and she just kept on sleeping, so I moved her a bit to monitor and check on her.

The other option is to clean around him best you can without disturbing him. Or gently moving him by wrapping him in a blanket, having a blanket around them can make them feel like they're burrowed and keep them asleep.

AnneSchumii

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply :) For some animal species it is really bad to wake them up during brumation/hibernation, so I just wanted to be sure. I'll make sure he stays asleep and I will be very careful in cleaning around him. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom