Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorne96

Hello! So my dragon has been in brumation for over a month now. She was semi brumating for about a month before that. I have taken her out twice to weigh her in the last month and to give her a bath and a drink. She is still the same weight, 336g. I check on her twice a day, and she is always under her hide. Whenever I go in to check her she always has her eyes open. Her vivarium is on the floor, so I dont know if the vibrations and/or the sound wake her when I go in to check her but this worries me a bit. I know brumation can last a long time, but will she wake up anytime soon? What else do I need to do to make sure she stays healthy and happy during brumation? This is my first time dealing with it so just any advice anyone can offer would be great!

My dragon was in brumation for 2 months before I decided to help her wake up. As long as she's not losing weight then you shouldn't be worried. Also putting a blanket over her, a breatable and light one, might help her go deep in sleep. Usually they would burrow and close the entrance to be in total darkness.

I understand your nervousness, it was my first brumation as well. If she was healthy before she went down then there should be no trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom