Long time no post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Hey all :wave: Charlie is a full grown beardie now and doing great! I do have a question though - does anyone else's beardie like to leave their enclosure to bask near a door even if said space is cold as heck? Charlie has taken to going to our back patio doors (windowed ones) and just chillin (literally!) there watching the trees. Sometimes he glass surfs on the door, but - umm - well, there's snow on the ground here so wayyyy too cold! I'm wondering if I should maybe try to set up a warm spot there for him for when he's out and about.

Aside from that - it's hilarious watching my two cats and 85 lbs dog (rottie/shep/husky mix) take off when Charlie heads for them :lol: Bishop (doggo) will jump up (if laying down) and walk away while looking back, the cats get that 'oh poop' look on their faces and take off. If Charlie is on me, one of the cats will come close. It's hilarious. That being said, my parrotlet gets jealous and little Kalypso will try to sit on Charlie out of said jealousy LOL!

How is everyone?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! It has been a while since I've seen any posts from you. Nice to hear that Charlie is well but he thinks he's a snow -beardie. :) Wouldn't he be shocked if he knew what that white stuff was !

I think it would be good to put a heat bulb positioned above his spot and possibly a small mat or animal bed [ even a short cat perch ] But always keep an eye on things to be sure nothing happens esp. with the heat bulb since you have other animals that could knock it down.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Well, hello!!!

It's great to see you posting again!!! I set here a lot of times wondering where everyone has gone. I thought about you just the other day and, boom here you are....Yeah!!!! Stick around and, join in, just like old times!
A lot has happened to me in the last couple of months, on Oct 1st my little buddy Peaches passed away suddenly (still don't know what happened) and, about 5 weeks later our 14 yld lab Panzer passed away. I finally got another dragon Dec 2nd, he/she is a month old and, eats like a horse (so far), LOL!!! I name him/her Charlie. Needless to say it has been an emotional ride for a while.
Yes, I would set up a basking bulb in that spot so he doesn't get too cold!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back! Darwin sits by the door and surfs the walls sometimes. I think he senses something on the other side and wants to figure out how to get to it. He seems to know that doors can open and can push open the swinging kitchen door on his own most of the time. I'll bet Charlie just senses something on the other side and is curious. I agree with the others that a portable basking spot is a good idea. I use 3 of them =)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I think it would be good to put a heat bulb positioned above his spot and possibly a small mat or animal bed [ even a short cat perch ] But always keep an eye on things to be sure nothing happens esp. with the heat bulb since you have other animals that could knock it down.
Animal or dopey human... I have 2 scorch marks on my wooden floor from pulling a lamp I was using for supplemental heating off the screen on top of my beardie's viv and setting it down. When I did, I somehow hit the on-cord switch and by the time I smelled burning wood, it'd almost ignited. I then put a (I thought) heat-proof tile down where I set the light just in case that happened again. It did, and yep, the tile wasn't up to the task. It split and enough light got through to the floor to make another nice burn mark. Let's just say there will not be a 3rd time...

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Awwww I'm so happy you guys remember me! Part of my absence has been health related (my MS kicking me in the butt).

I will definitely put up a warm area for him there. He loves being out and about, and I'd love to ensure he's warm enough.

We had a power outage for a few days about a month ago. Here's grumpy Charlie staying warm on momma (we got the generator going and his enclosure was one of the items plugged in).
87171-8605057792.jpg

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Gormagon":10intvxw said:
Well, hello!!!

It's great to see you posting again!!! I set here a lot of times wondering where everyone has gone. I thought about you just the other day and, boom here you are....Yeah!!!! Stick around and, join in, just like old times!
A lot has happened to me in the last couple of months, on Oct 1st my little buddy Peaches passed away suddenly (still don't know what happened) and, about 5 weeks later our 14 yld lab Panzer passed away. I finally got another dragon Dec 2nd, he/she is a month old and, eats like a horse (so far), LOL!!! I name him/her Charlie. Needless to say it has been an emotional ride for a while.
Yes, I would set up a basking bulb in that spot so he doesn't get too cold!!!

Sorry to hear about Peaches (when I replied earlier I was running on little sleep and missed this :( ) and Panzer :( I remember when I lost Evee last year, I didn't think I would get another beardie for a long time...then there was my Charlie LOL oie!

I know I have a portable basking set up (for when I travelled Evee)...but everything is packed up! We're trying to sell our house (ugh, feels pointless some days) and we decluttered/packed everything we felt was unnecessary. Needless to say, I may have overdone the packing!

CooperDragon":10intvxw said:
I picked up another puck for my collection recently too. Do you remember this one?

76248-8218668224.jpg

I do actually remember those!!! It's pretty old, isn't it? My oldest isn't playing hockey or ringette right now...she's set to finish high school this January (she was missing 3 credits and will officially graduate June 2019) so she couldn't play on that team, and then she managed to sprain her ankle and wrench her back! She's hoping to get back on the ice in the New Year. Honestly though, I really don't mind not being in the arenas this winter lol - I'm terrible. Also, it's been bloody cold our way - we usually don't get these temps until mid-January. Not sure if we'll have our nature made 'skating' rink this winter or not...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it's from the 80s. They were in town before the Canadiens. Nordiques affiliates if I remember correctly. It's too bad she isn't able to play. Didn't you guys have a really long lasting winter into last spring too?

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
CooperDragon":1gkneznl said:
Yeah it's from the 80s. They were in town before the Canadiens. Nordiques affiliates if I remember correctly. It's too bad she isn't able to play. Didn't you guys have a really long lasting winter into last spring too?

I thought so! I have a memory of playing with ones like that when I was young, but sometimes my memory plays tricks on me so I wanted to be sure LOL! Cannot remember the name though (now have to hunt Google to find it LOL).

Yes! We did have a long winter last spring and they expect this one to be worse! We've already had more snow over the last month than in many years. Some has melted, but I haven't seen it like this since I was a kid (late 70s/early 80s).

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
@Cooperdragon
I KNEW I recognized it!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredericton_Express I remember going to some of their games!!! The Fredericton Express. I work in Fredericton, and live just outside the city (have since 1980). Where did you get the puck??? They were a farm team for the Nordiques and Canucks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, the Express. I used to watch them play in Rochester when I was a kid. Im collecting pucks from all the AHL teams of that era. I get most of them on ebay if I can find them cheaply.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
CooperDragon":mrdzgfr3 said:
Yep, the Express. I used to watch them play in Rochester when I was a kid. Im collecting pucks from all the AHL teams of that era. I get most of them on ebay if I can find them cheaply.

No way! I know I had something at my parents' place that either they signed or I had a photo with them...so long ago. Thanks for the blast from the past! My older brother (he's 55, I'll be 45 next month) played hockey and went to their games quite a bit. I'm wondering if he has some old memorabilia (probably not...he had a rough youth we'll say).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom