Taking Bearded Dragon to Place with Many People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoutix

I have a big assembly kind of thing at my school every year in october. I plan on taking my bearded dragon with me to the one next year in 2019, but I don't know how he will do. There will be about 150 people there at once coming and going. We have our own booth since it's my club and I can let him sit there with me for the whole time. It lasts about 3 hours and it's not too loud. I just don't know if it will be okay to take him with me. It's absolutely boring there without many things to do. I'm just selling some of my club's stuff and I really want him with me to make it less boring. Any opinions on whether or not this would be okay?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is your dragon used to being out with a lot ? Has he been to public places before ? If so it's probably fine as long as he's with you all the time. The only things to be concerned about is if he might have to go to the little lizards room since they won't have facilities for him. :) We know how unpleasant that can be, esp. if he does so while he's resting on you.

You'll also want to be sure he's warm enough. He doesn't really need a basking area but there should be a nice warm place for him. Are you bringing a travel case or plastic tote or anything ? A heat bulb ?

Scoutix

Original Poster
AHBD":1uzdy8bl said:
Is your dragon used to being out with a lot ? Has he been to public places before ? If so it's probably fine as long as he's with you all the time. The only things to be concerned about is if he might have to go to the little lizards room since they won't have facilities for him. :) We know how unpleasant that can be, esp. if he does so while he's resting on you.

You'll also want to be sure he's warm enough. He doesn't really need a basking area but there should be a nice warm place for him. Are you bringing a travel case or plastic tote or anything ? A heat bulb ?

He has been out and about before. He's been with me to places like Petsmart and there were a fair amount of people there. I'm going to be bringing a cozy bed that has a top for him to keep warm in since it could get cold. I won't be able to bring a heat bulb. I might be able to bring a tote with me which will make it easier to carry his stuff he might need. What would you recommend to bring so he can have a lizard facility? :) I've never had to think of that before since he hasn't been outside for around 3 hours.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's a bearded dragon , not a dog , I believe these types of outings are inherently very dangerous and stressful for the dragon no matter how tame and laid back it is.
My advise - for what it's worth - leave him at home where he is going to be safe and will feel much more relaxed and secure.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
kingofnobbys":9fcdifs0 said:
He's a bearded dragon , not a dog , I believe these types of outings are inherently very dangerous and stressful for the dragon no matter how tame and laid back it is.
My advise - for what it's worth - leave him at home where he is going to be safe and will feel much more relaxed and secure.
Not to mention, people are going to want to pet him, this is can be detrimental. Viruses and, bacteria are all over peoples hands and, can be harmful to your dragon's health!!!

This is a bad idea!!! IMHO!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not that bad , and beardies actually don't catch our colds + viruses. Still, it may be stressful to him but outings like that don't phase many dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom