Beardie Morphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Is it usual/common for people to spend hundreds on the various beardie morphs? I found my baby (will edit picture in a bit) at a nearby breeder who simply had normal and german giants, nothing special, and pending the dragon would ask between $25 and $60 for a baby. Usually $70 to $100 if he was going to sell one of the adults. All of which in good health from what I could tell.

If I ever got another dragon, I would probably want a citrus or blood red but holy... Some of these prices? $200 to $500+ for a baby o.o

IIRC it cost me a total of around $200 for the baby and her basic setup. Obviously Ill put more in her tank when she grows a little, but I wanted to keep it simple while she's young since she's only interested in her basking and sleeping spots anyways. By next month, Ill have spent more on her crickets then her or her viv lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It all depends on what people want and how much they are wiling to spend. High color dragons always go for more money and then people seem to be drawn to various morphs. If they search around, most people can find the more standard/normal or even leatherbacks for a decent price though.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I paid $30 for my normal at a nearby breeder. I did more searching and I guess prices arent as bad as I thought. I found one selling various kinds for around $100-200 but previously I was only finding them in the $200-500 range and if I ever got another beardie I would looove a citrus tiger.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I highly recommend this breeder if you ever decide on a citrus tiger. Tammy [ or her dad before her ] is the originator of the citrus tiger and always has some available. It's fascinating to read how these came about. Her family was + is a true pioneer of the tiger line, you can read about it [ and see some tigers ] here :

https://draggintails.net/available-dragons

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That first hypo citrus tiger female is b e a u t i f u l
Note: Made a mistake. I thought citrus had more red/orange, I would more so look for a red tiger :oops:

I've been researching for months looking for just the right one that I want and I have seen some morphs over $1,000 depending on the breeders. Right now the hot thing is the Zero's(all white dragon). I have seen one breeder have them at $700 and up. I had wanted a red leatherback and then fell in love with the Zeros so that's where my research took me and I found one and just ordered him for $450. Hypo zero leatherback. He shipped today and will come tomorrow. There are so many different morph and they can get pricy. I am one of "those" people that will pay to get what I want and for the peace of mind of a good breeder.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I've to be weary of budget for a little while. Main bank account zeroed out recently damn it black friday ... In any case, it'll be at least 3-4 years before I look at getting another. I'm perfectly content with my one baby, Dezzy, for now :blob5: In time I'll look for a good breeder with red tigers though.

Deabrua":ke779phk said:
I've to be weary of budget for a little while. Main bank account zeroed out recently damn it black friday ... In any case, it'll be at least 3-4 years before I look at getting another. I'm perfectly content with my one baby, Dezzy, for now :blob5: In time I'll look for a good breeder with red tigers though.

I totally feel ya on that one. The only reason I was able to do it now was because I just sold my chameleon and his set up to a breeder for a great price. My plan was always to use that money to get myself another beardie. Baby, my girl who passed a few years ago, was a trade...I had one I had rescued who was a punk, lol, and the breeder let me trade him for her. She was the sweetest baby ever. Even if I had purchased her outright she would have only been about $75. High or low cost, they are all just amazing.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tank, everything inside, and dragon included cost me in the mid-200s total. I couldn't imagine spending that much on the dragon alone for my first time lol... here's to the future beardies I'll own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom