What colour is your beardie? :)

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: What colour is your beardie? :)

Postby MarlowAndMe » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Hikari wrote:I could go gender neutral, but I already kinda have a few names I'd like to name it that aren't. I'm patient, and it's not like a dog that needs one so it can learn it. Two of my snakes don't have names yet either, and my ball python took me like three months to name. They'll all get one eventually. They all at least have some nicknames in the meantime.

Yep no rush :) I’m always like I have to name them the day they come home haha!
Marlow was going to be jasper after the desert mineral but we weren’t sure on gender so decided to come up with a gender neutral name instead. My wife loves Marlow and I wasn’t keen at all - but when I found out it was a Australian suburb name I changed my mind as I wanted the Aussie link. I love it now though. We will follow the naming after Australian suburbs for any future dragons too :)
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Deabrua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:45 am

My Dezzy still gets demoted to being called lizard when she's getting into trouble :D
[Click image to enlarge]

She's a regular but she's getting orange in her face now
Deabrua
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Hikari wrote:This is my little one. Doesn't have a name yet. Still waiting to find out if it's male or female. I call it 'tiny lizard' in the meantime (although with as fast as it's growing, it'll just be 'lizard' soon :lol: )

It's a hypo trans leatherback, and it was the brightest colored beardie in the shop. I really love the oranges. They actually are a little bit brighter IRL than this pic shows.

He/she is a gorgeous little Beardie! :) very nice coloring, If you post a pic of its tail arched up at an around 90* angle we could try and see if it's male or female, once you get the hang of knowing what to look for it's really easy to tell their genders.

Also, For names Wise you could check out these names:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=96646
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, a Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby KevinsMom33 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Oh my what a gorgeous creature!! I love the look you are getting from her/him!!
Irene's house of dragons... and cats....
KevinsMom33
Hatchling Poster

Postby Hikari » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:26 am

HippieLizards wrote:He/she is a gorgeous little Beardie! :) very nice coloring, If you post a pic of its tail arched up at an around 90* angle we could try and see if it's male or female, once you get the hang of knowing what to look for it's really easy to tell their genders.

Thank you!

I'll take you up on that offer too. Not the most glamorous view, but here you go. :P

Is my dragon big enough to tell for sure? It's 10 1/2 inches long from snout to tail at the moment (thankfully, mine was sleeping when I was doing all this, so it was easy to measure. I swear, mine can sleep through almost anything once it's cuddled in fleece after bedtime. :lol: )

KevinsMom33 wrote:Oh my what a gorgeous creature!! I love the look you are getting from her/him!!

Thanks! Yeah, didn't seem too thrilled to be getting its picture taken. Like...how dare I interrupt basking time by hovering the weird rectangle at it? :P
1 Beardie, 1 Ball Python, 2 Corn Snakes, many fish, and 1 old, lazy Basset Hound
Hikari
Newbie Poster

Postby Hikari » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 am

Deabrua wrote:My Dezzy still gets demoted to being called lizard when she's getting into trouble :D
[Click image to enlarge]

She's like "how dare you call me lizard, hooman" :lol:

Some of the normals have some really interesting patterning, I'm noticing. If I hadn't knee-jerked "omg orange!" when buying mine, I probably wouldn't have minded having a normal with an interesting pattern (definitely would have been cheaper, at least, lol)
1 Beardie, 1 Ball Python, 2 Corn Snakes, many fish, and 1 old, lazy Basset Hound
Hikari
Newbie Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:22 am

Hikari wrote:
HippieLizards wrote:He/she is a gorgeous little Beardie! :) very nice coloring, If you post a pic of its tail arched up at an around 90* angle we could try and see if it's male or female, once you get the hang of knowing what to look for it's really easy to tell their genders.

Image[quote]

looking like a girl :) name: Lizzie? Victoria? Ozzy? Sydney? :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby SG1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:41 am

This is Flame, our youngest beardie and is a Cherry Red:-

atvb

SG1
SG1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby MarlowAndMe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:57 am

Hikari wrote:

Thank you!

I'll take you up on that offer too. Not the most glamorous view, but here you go. :P

Is my dragon big enough to tell for sure? It's 10 1/2 inches long from snout to tail at the moment (thankfully, mine was sleeping when I was doing all this, so it was easy to measure. I swear, mine can sleep through almost anything once it's cuddled in fleece after bedtime. :lol: )

KevinsMom33 wrote:Oh my what a gorgeous creature!! I love the look you are getting from her/him!!

Thanks! Yeah, didn't seem too thrilled to be getting its picture taken. Like...how dare I interrupt basking time by hovering the weird rectangle at it? :P

I say girl too
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 am

Hikari wrote:
Deabrua wrote:My Dezzy still gets demoted to being called lizard when she's getting into trouble :D
[Click image to enlarge]

She's like "how dare you call me lizard, hooman" :lol:

Some of the normals have some really interesting patterning, I'm noticing. If I hadn't knee-jerked "omg orange!" when buying mine, I probably wouldn't have minded having a normal with an interesting pattern (definitely would have been cheaper, at least, lol)

Mines a normal. only thing ‘special’ is he is citrus which isn’t really special anywhere but over here in nz where we have no morphs at all and only 2 breeders of citrus so barely any citrus around.
But his pattern is awesome I reckon
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby Hikari » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:40 pm

SG1 wrote:This is Flame, our youngest beardie and is a Cherry Red:-

atvb

SG1

Flame is very pretty. Gonna be interesting to see them as an adult.

JIMMIA wrote:
Hikari wrote:

looking like a girl :) name: Lizzie? Victoria? Ozzy? Sydney? :)

MarlowAndMe wrote:I say girl too

Thanks for helping me out with that! Girl, huh? Well, that narrows the potential name list considerably (most of the ones I was considering were for a male).

I'm thinking Citrine might be a cute name. I like gemstones, and she's the color of one.
Hikari
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Hikari wrote:

Thank you!

Congratulations!

It's a....

Baby....

GIRL!! 👏 lol you have got yourself a female Beardie. :)

Here's some name Suggestions (both regular and Movie names):

Scarlet, Ash, Lily, Hermione (Harry Potter), Cisco (The flash, not exactly a girl name but I had a female dragon named Cisco), and Caitlin (The flash).

Female Marvel names:

Storm, Mystique, Nebula, Gamora, Phoenix, Rogue, Valkyrie, Psylocke, Elektra, Moonstar, Moondragon, Reptilla, Hela, and Shuri.

Good luck on names and such! :D
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, a Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Deabrua » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 am

First off, as someone who isn't a marvel fan (nothing against it, just not a huge fan lol) I am slightly embarrassed by how many of those I recognize.

Secondly, even after having a normal that didnt cost much of anything ($35), I still want to go after a red for my second beardy.
Deabrua
Hatchling Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Not sure if you have named her yet but Phoenix would be good for either gender
Last edited by MarlowAndMe on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby butter9763 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Butter is a lovely citrus yellow ☺️[Click image to enlarge]
butter9763
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion