Dead beardie at petco

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandF

So i was at petco buying a uvb and saw how bad the conditions that they have the bearded dragons. They were lethargic, had NO heat, old poop everywhere and one was dead in the water bowl. I was very heartbroken by the way they have them. Is there nothing we can do? I felt helpless. I took a picture but don't know who to send ir to.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
NandF":2kcmk5xd said:
So i was at petco buying a uvb and saw how bad the conditions that they have the bearded dragons. They were lethargic, had NO heat, old poop everywhere and one was dead in the water bowl. I was very heartbroken by the way they have them. Is there nothing we can do? I fell helpless. I took a picture but don't know who to send ir to.
That's awful. I posted something similar about babies no longer than my pinky finger being sold & housed on sand. It alternately makes me sick and angry at the way people treat these wonderful creatures, and to see a pet store doing it... I guess you could demand to see the manager and tell them you'll report them to the county animal welfare folks for cruelty if they don't immediately take action. Beyond that or ratting them out to Peta, I don't know what else anyone can do :angry5: :banghead:

NandF

Original Poster
Aaradimian":a7tl4u18 said:
NandF":a7tl4u18 said:
So i was at petco buying a uvb and saw how bad the conditions that they have the bearded dragons. They were lethargic, had NO heat, old poop everywhere and one was dead in the water bowl. I was very heartbroken by the way they have them. Is there nothing we can do? I fell helpless. I took a picture but don't know who to send ir to.
That's awful. I posted something similar about babies no longer than my pinky finger being sold & housed on sand. It alternately makes me sick and angry at the way people treat these wonderful creatures, and to see a pet store doing it... I guess you could demand to see the manager and tell them you'll report them to the county animal welfare folks for cruelty if they don't immediately take action. Beyond that or ratting them out to Peta, I don't know what else anyone can do :angry5: :banghead:
These were also on sand. And its shocking to me how no one seemed to care. I told the employee and he said he would take him out but that only the ones in charge could change the way theyre housed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is very difficult to deal with images such as that, it's so sad. I feel like no one in the stores
care either. Corporate leadership doesn't set very high standards for their care, either.

Tracie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
OH. MY. WORD. That is atrocious!! :angry5: Such horrible living conditions and a Dead one in the water bowl?!?!! That Is just downright Evil. :angry5: :angry5:

That is so Atrocious and sad that they have beardies living like that!! These are living creatures people! Take Good Care of the animals. That is awful. :x ???

Ok, I'm done ranting now. ? Also the photos didn't show up for me. :|

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
NandF":xgj37nm9 said:
90250-7861417820.jpg
sorry i haven't checked the responses. Here's the picture.
Oh my gosh, That's heartbreaking... :cry: :angry5: That is downright wrong. And the poor Beardie only looked a few weeks old.. :cry: :angry5: :cry: I'm so sad/angry about that I am just speechless. ???

NandF

Original Poster
HippieLizards":3qwarwlw said:
NandF":3qwarwlw said:
90250-7861417820.jpg
Oh my gosh, That's heartbreaking... :cry: :angry5: That is downright wrong. And the poor Beardie only looked a few weeks old.. :cry: :angry5: :cry: I'm so sad/angry about that I am just speechless. ???
I agree with you. I feel like its just heartless

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
NandF":26o0kf6v said:
HippieLizards":26o0kf6v said:
NandF":26o0kf6v said:
90250-7861417820.jpg
I agree with you. I feel like its just heartless
Very much so. :cry: :angry5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Aaradimian":2p85qequ said:
Did you ever report these people?
I hope they did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom