Cold tummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon sometimes seems to avoid his heat lamp and I'll get him to feed him or just hang-out and his tummy will be cold. I think he moves away to take naps cause sometimes I'll find him sleeping in a darker spot of his habitat so I leave him alone. Is this normal?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it's OK for them to be colder when they sleep. It's good to provide them with a cooler area as well as basking temps. They'll choose what they want at a given time and are good at self regulating. They will feel cold if they've been in the cool area since they'll wind up 20-30 degrees colder than our hands. It's not necessarily bad for them though. Especially if he does come back out and bask at times.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
my beardie likes to sit on the bed by the window to sleep, ill wake up at times and she will have her head propped up against my neck and her body stretched out by the window. she likes the moving air from fans/windows when she sleeps. its -10F outside, i keep the house at 85F so between the window and bed is maybe 60 ish. she does not like to sleep where its warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom