Overnight travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butter1fly1978

I take my beardie on a two-day overnight trip with me out of town. My beardie loves to go bye bye in the car she is such an angel and always well-behaved. She also loves to go to the park and go to the pet store so I feel like I should be able to take her out of town with me and she be okay. My problem is I do not know what to do about a terrarium for her. I cannot bring her 40 gallon tank with me I do have a 10 gallon tank but I would prefer not to have to bring that either I would greatly appreciate some suggestions here on what to take for my beardie and options for a travel terrarium.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do this all the time (I'm traveling with my dragon right now) I have a carrier for him that clips into the car seatbelt and also works well as housing while traveling. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW2WKZU/ I just put some fleece blankets at the bottom and it works well. I travel with an adjustable lamp stand with a dome fixture and one of my mercury vapor bulbs (100w megaray) and that works as a basking spot. This is how I set it up
76248-2473803661.jpg

Butter1fly1978

Original Poster
Cooperdragon thank you I had seen your posts regarding the setup and that helps tremendously. I do have one other issue, where I am going there is a small dog who has never been around a dragon before. My rose is an angel and not aggresive at all she has been around other animals and has never had any issues. What precautions would you suggest? And is there a checklist for items to bring when traveling?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep the dog away. Keep your dragon in a room that has a door that can be closed so she has her own space. As far as a checklist, I don't have one. it depends on where you're going, how long, and what your usual routine is etc. I usually pack a soft sided cooler with an ice pack and a ziploc bag of veges. For longer trips I often bring a container of black soldier fly larvae. It's good to have a spare bulb if you're going someplace that doesn't have a store nearby. In the summer I often rely more on the natural sunlight (Especially when camping). In the winter it's nice to have some hand warmers and extra blankets/towels. A temp gun is nice to have to check basking temps but with a wider space available under a basking light it's not as critical (they just move to the side and get the temps they want). It's good to have a bag of cleaning supplies. I bring paper towels, small plastic bags, vinegar spray bottle, F10 spray bottle, and sometimes some cloth rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom