Cricket Trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason914

Soooo yeah, a long while back I had a super inefficient way of putting crickets in my beardies tank for her to eat and whilst trying to feed her about 7-10 crickets jumped out and scattered throughout my room. I have caught only 3 with the methods I have been trying right now, I was wondering if there was a certain object or scent that could attract them or if there was like a certain kind of trap I could make or buy. I Reeeaally need these crickets out of my room, I shook one out of my pants today :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: anything helps Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Were they small or large ? The good news is that they don't live very long. so even if you can't catch them they will be gone soon enough and they can't breed in your house. Adult males will serenade you to sleep [ or give you insomnia ]

One thing you might try is the glue type mouse traps. A friend on mine put those in the cellar to catch a ouse and in a couple of days there was an assortment of spiders on it. So it must have something irresistible to both rodents AND insects and might attract the rogue crix. :)

jason914

Original Poster
Thanks, the store I buy them from (PetCo) labels these as smalls at the time, but Im catching what I would describe as medium. I might try that because Im seeing them less and less often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom