My dragon is always closing one eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had 3 beardies before and they’ve all had their characteristic traits but nothing as odd as my new two month old beardie venom. He’s completely healthy and he eats like a monster. I have him in a 20 gallon tank with his basking temps at 103 on average and his cool side about 80. Crickets and dubia roaches no bigger than the space in between his eyes 4 times a day for 10 minutes (all he can eat buffet) haha. But I have noticed the strangest thing from the day I got him (roughly a month ago) he is always closing one eye, weather it be his right or left he always seems to be constantly closing one eye for short periods of time. He’s actually doing it right now as i type this. The amount of time spent closed ranges from a couple seconds to about a minute. Im certain there is nothing wrong with him health wise as I’m a fairly experienced dragon owner. I just can’t seem to understand why he closes one eye all the time? Have any of you experienced this with your beardies??

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,
My beardie does this when he's content. Sometimes he'll do it when I say his name and he's chillin' on his log under the lights or when I tell him he's a good dragon. The best part though is "the eyeball game". My wife and I can get him to close one of his eyes when we close one of ours. I've tried eliminating other explanations for the behavior like sound or us talking to him, but when he's playing he will faithfully close the eye facing us when we slowly do the same. He'll keep his closed for 10-15 seconds and then open it, only to repeat when we do it. It's pretty hilarious, actually. :D

Santo

I have two baby's right now and they both do the same. One more then the other. She'll always close one eye to focus better on what's in front of her. As someone else mentioned, we can get her to close her eyes by doing the same. What's funny is my Leopard Gecko does this too. She never really closes her eyes unless sleeping, but when we have her attention and wink at her, she'll always wink back. It's so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom