Just got 2 beardies now I have questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cgray

Hey All!

I have a male bearded dragon that is a year old, while at a reptile expo I came across a gorgeous girl I couldn’t let go. I bought her by no means do I have any intentions on breeding them but he gets so upset when he sees her starts head bobbing and his beard turns black. I would like for them to be cordial when they see each other. I will never have them out at the same time but if they do happen to see each other I would like for them to not care. Will he eventually get over seeing her?

Also, will she produce eggs just by seeing a male? How do they even know that they are male and female if they only see each other through the tank glass? Thanks for helping! She was sort of an impulse buy but I knew I could give her a better home than the plastic container she was is. ;)

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
From what you described, i believe it is normal behaviour. Beardies will normally head bob and wave at each other. Males normally head bob quite fast, while a female head bob is a bit slower.
I think this will settle over time. I hope that you have proper lighting and heat for them. It almost sounded like you just bought them. But i feel you have had the male for some time, so im guessing you know the proper lighting setup and heat for them.

Im not 100% on her egg production, but i believe i read some place that females have to potential to lay eggs even with no male present. Granted they wont be fertile eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom