Question about potential morphs/colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishopFam

Hello community,
This is my first post here. I have a nearly 4 month old female beardie named Kazzie. She is an Italian Leather back Hypo (she is also 100% het Trans and comes from a bloodline that carries Paradox and German Giant genes). I noticed that on both sides of her neck she has a grey spot, and I see some random small grey spots on her back (I know the neck spots are normal, but curious to know if there is a name/description for this). Now that she is shedding currently, I am able to see more grey spots on her back. I think they will become more prominent with her age/future sheds. I have seen other dragons that have "grey bars" on their backs, that stand out from their actual coloring. What is this called? Is it simply called "bars"? Also, how do I distinguish grey bars from paradox spots? I have seen images of paradox spots, and I was curious if all cases are extremely defined and sporadic/asymmetrical, or if their can be instances where they are more subtle and somewhat more uniform. Also, are paradox spots clear and full at birth, or do they develop with age? I'm not concerned at all, just trying to know more about what morphs and phases are present in Kazzie. The pictures shown are from a week or two ago, and you cant see the coloring on her back as well. She is in the middle of a shed now, so I will upload more once this is complete. The grey spots on her back should be nice and visible after. Thanks!! (Grey spots shown in second picture. They are really hard to see in photo, but you can make a couple out at the top of her back.)
full

full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what a gorgeous dragon, I love the pattern on her back ! If you see any grey dots that would almost certainly be the paradox in her. Blue bars are totally unrelated and very distinct, the term bars is mostly from the citrus + firetiger dragons that have heavy barring across the back. There are a lot of those out there, I bred tigers for a while ,here's one of mine. If you Google " blue bar citrus tiger " you'll see a lot more.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30009/full

BishopFam

Original Poster
AHBD,
Thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it. One thing to mention: Kazzie's dad has "blue bars" on his back (don't know if this makes you change your opinion about paradox spots vs. blue bars). Is this a hereditary trait? Are bars present at birth or do they become more prominent with age/sheds (paradox spots as well?)? Your dragon is gorgeous as well. I am thinking about getting a citrus male at some point to breed with Kazzie. I can't wait to see what Kazzie looks like when she is fully grown. At what age/size do bearded dragons colors fully develop? Thanks again!!

BishopFam

Original Poster
AHBD":1cxbjboc said:
Hi there, what a gorgeous dragon, I love the pattern on her back ! If you see any grey dots that would almost certainly be the paradox in her. Blue bars are totally unrelated and very distinct, the term bars is mostly from the citrus + firetiger dragons that have heavy barring across the back. There are a lot of those out there, I bred tigers for a while ,here's one of mine. If you Google " blue bar citrus tiger " you'll see a lot more.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30009/full

Hi! As this is my first time posting, I wasn’t sure how to directly respond to your comment. I’m just trying this way to see what happens, lol. If you happen to see this, I made another post in this thread that was intended to be a response to your reply. Thanks again for your comments!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, your reply posted here on this thread, you did fine. :) As for blue bars, they are mostly hereditary but they are always just that, bars. They may be thinner/thicker/darker/lighter [ if you Google blue bar citrus tigers you'd see a variety ]

At the size your dragon is you will see pretty much what it will end up like, but the paradox may pop up a bit more. Be aware that sometimes there will be just specks of shed or tiny blemishes on some dragons. too. The bars would already be at least somewhat visible, usually very prominent by that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom