Timer power strip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotty21690

Looking at putting all my lights on a timer for when I leave for vacation. There are SOOO many out there and with mixed reviews. Ideally I would like to keep them on one so I don’t have a bunch of clutter, but this may be difficult. My question is what brand of power strip should I look at using? And are there any that are fine if the power goes out (I periodically get power outages for short spans and would need it to continue once it goes out and comes back on.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dotty21690":7gvrnspk said:
Looking at putting all my lights on a timer for when I leave for vacation. There are SOOO many out there and with mixed reviews. Ideally I would like to keep them on one so I don’t have a bunch of clutter, but this may be difficult. My question is what brand of power strip should I look at using? And are there any that are fine if the power goes out (I periodically get power outages for short spans and would need it to continue once it goes out and comes back on.

I have all my UVBs and basking globes on a powerboard , and the board is connected to one digital 7Day programable domestic timer.

Works perfectly and has been OK for near 10 years , have had up lighting for 4 x 4' L x 2' D x 1.5' T tanks all running off one 1 in/ 12 out powerboard ie https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/hpm-12-outlet-surge-protected-powerboard-hpd10512tr

HPM are very good. The one I use is fine for up to 10A output.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had good luck using the basic mechanical outlet timers. There are dual outlet versions that can control both lights at once. They will continue after a power outage but the times may be slightly off. If this is a concern, you could attach it to a computer battery backup which should keep it running for a little while during an outage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom