Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayTruee96

I have recently got me bearded dragon he’s small and he’s starting to shed at the moment how many time I’m I suppose to bath him for and I’m I suppose to while he sheds.
101715-9548766594.jpg

OhMyNord

Due to the higher temps they require (100-110 basking) I'd suggest bathing every day, or trying to get him to drink. He looks a little dehydrated, so I'd definitely try give him some water every day :) My little one loves a drink! I just drop some onto his snout and he licks it right up.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Bathing him every day to every few days would help. Make sure the water isn't too hot, lukewarm is best, an easy way to judge is to put the back of your hand on the surface of the water if you don't have a thermometer at the ready. Also, for safety reasons make sure the water isn't higher than your beardie's ankles or elbows/knees at the most. Hopefully your beardie is comfortable around you, because some get a little crazy in the bath :lol:

As far as helping him shed goes; don't peel any of the shed off for him. It can damage the scales underneath. The best thing to do is give him baths and you can gently rub any stuck shed with a soft bristled tooth brush. A lot of bearded dragons get moody when they shed too, so if he's grumpy don't take it personally lol.

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom