Is Fleece ok for beardies to live in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochwi

I am a new bearded dragon owner, I am getting a 1 month old baby tomorrow from a breeder that I have been in contact with for a few weeks. I have all the proper lighting for the tank set up, 22" UVB light 10.0 then a uvb and a heating bulb beside the long UVB tube. I have the 36 x 18 x 18 tank with the opening doors at the front. My main question is, is a "fleece themed" cage alright for a beardie to live in? For the substrate I got a custom cage liner that is made of a type of fabric material that just sits at the bottom (like repticarpet but much more cute and appealing looking). I also got 3 hammocks, one made of a Cotten fabric the others, mesh (which I covered in a green bandana). I also got a TON of green fleece strips. I put the fleece strips under Tiki's hammock so that she could did and make herself a little home if I wanted to. The water and food dishe's are shaped like green leads and in the middle of the cafe is a reptile drift wood log for climbing. And then there are fleece accessories littered about such as fleece braids, fleece dangling bits, and a little fleece lettuce lead as a bed. I know that many reptile owners don't use a "cute and cuddly" approach to their cage but does it matter? Are there any benefits or disadvantages to having something set up like that?

Anyways, if anyone could tell me how to insert a picture that would be awesome! (Just want to make sure that I do the best for my upcoming beardie!) Why do most tanks always have logs and plants? Is it ok to have a childish- type theme? My theme right now is fleece jungle or farm...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Fleece is good because it's soft, easy to clean, and doesn't have loops that can get caught in their nails. I use fleece blankets at the bottom of my tank to allow for burrowing. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom