Entertainment for inside the viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, we are going on holiday for nearly two weeks and have arranged a house sitter to take care of our animals including all the lighting and food etc. But our beardie loves to be out of his viv, we handle him nearly every day so I'm worried he'll get bored or stressed being stuck inside for two weeks! Can anyone suggest some good things to put inside his viv that might keep him busy while we're away? He has cave, rocks and a climbing branch but not at lot else as he comes out to play most days. Thanks in advance x

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
While he'll miss his keeper/carer and people and normal routine , he'll be OK without his normal enrichment activities while you are away and he's been looked in on and fed and his tank kept cleaned by the pet minder.
Would be nice if the carer could try to maintain this part of the dragon's daily routine.

Ideally it would have been best for the minder to spend a bit of time with him each day so the dragon got to know them and was OK with being handled by the minder.

Don't be surprised if your dragon misses you so much that it refuses to eat much. This happened with my Toothless when I was forced to go to hospital and had to be stay for 4 weeks …. so they do miss their special people and pine for them . Your dragon will only know you have disappeared and wont know why , and wont understand you will be back - think abandonment + relocation stresses.

elliskate92

Original Poster
kingofnobbys it's a friend that comes round fairly frequently so he won't be stressed by her feeding him, cleaning and changing water etc. She's just too nervous of losing him to get him out of the viv unfortunately! Having looked at a few blogs online I'm going to add some kind of hammock or swing and a ball to put crickets in so he can chase it around. At least he'll get exercise while we're gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom