Brumating or sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardmother

My bearded dragon is about 7/8 months old. He's always been very active and ate a lot, as he should. I know about brumation but he is my first beardie and i want to be sure. I have a box with cut up pieces of blanket that i use as his bed. He has been in there, and hasn't left for 2 weeks now. I have checked on him a few times and offered him food but he didn't take it. Is there anything I can do to help him through this if it is him brumating? Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some details about his setup? What do you have in place for his lighting? What are the surface temps around his tank? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

If he is brumating, I would take him out every few days and offer some drops of water on his nose to lick up. You should also weigh him and keep track of that so you can see if his weight is stable or not. Steady weight loss or quick loss of fat pads may indicate an underlying illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom