What is the biggest bearded dragon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I had a weird dream that my bearded dragon got to the size of ONE of those Komodo Dragons lol :) so what is the biggest ever bearded dragon ? please and can post a photo ? :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hippie, is that a smaller dragon in with Loki ? If so, that's VERY dangerous.

And the dragon on the youtube video is very obese, will not live a long life. The owner is either truly ignorant [ as in just doesn't know ] or in serious denial. The dragon can not live a long life and the smaller one can be mutilated at any time.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":eic4eqqo said:

And the dragon on the youtube video is very obese, will not live a long life. The owner is either truly ignorant [ as in just doesn't know ] or in serious denial. The dragon can not live a long life and the smaller one can be mutilated at any time.
No, It is just a little toy dragon that Loki likes to snuggle with at night. I do not cohabitate my beardies. Thank you for the concern though. :)

and Yes, the dragon is horribly overweight. I wish people would do better research these days before getting an animal. :?

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you everyone :) so without sounding mean- your saying that this bearded in video is overweight? or what's exactly wrong with it? I felt that video was touching unless it was the music that made me feel sad for it lol and I'm usually old school 30s to 60s music fan :) sorry :( so honestly - how big can they get? please because I want know how big my girl can get? (she is only 27 grams and 25cm and I've had her for 5 months on the 10th of October) :) and I understand it's all about being territorial but why can't they be friends? my dog use to let strange cats eat out of her bowl whilst she was laying on her bed and she was only like a foot away from it, or she would let birds drink from her water :)

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
JIMMIA":sqem1qld said:
thank you everyone :) so without sounding mean- your saying that this bearded in video is overweight? or what's exactly wrong with it? I felt that video was touching unless it was the music that made me feel sad for it lol and I'm usually old school 30s to 60s music fan :) sorry :( so honestly - how big can they get? please because I want know how big my girl can get? (she is only 27 grams and 25cm and I've had her for 5 months on the 10th of October) :) and I understand it's all about being territorial but why can't they be friends? my dog use to let strange cats eat out of her bowl whilst she was laying on her bed and she was only like a foot away from it, or she would let birds drink from her water :)

Most adults get to 16-22 inches.
Your baby is still tiny and it'll take a while for her to grow but how old is she for being 27g?! Jeez I feel like my baby beardie is fat now :lol:

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
HippieLizards":3peg1j45 said:
AHBD":3peg1j45 said:

No, It is just a little toy dragon that Loki likes to snuggle with at night. I do not cohabitate my beardies. Thank you for the concern though. :)

and Yes, the dragon is horribly overweight. I wish people would do better research these days before getting an animal. :?

Apparently the video is old and the girl is now on a healthy diet! The owner also discovered she's a German giant so, also could be way

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
badfreshly":392r4cfo said:
HippieLizards":392r4cfo said:
No, It is just a little toy dragon that Loki likes to snuggle with at night.

? That is hilarious AND adorable! <3
Yeah, He sometimes snuggles with it, or brings food to it, or, if he gets a bit hormonal (which is everyday for him) he will try to mate it. :roll: View media item 61143 Caught in the act Lol.

Xanelic":392r4cfo said:
HippieLizards":392r4cfo said:
AHBD":392r4cfo said:

Apparently the video is old and the girl is now on a healthy diet! The owner also discovered she's a German giant so, also could be way
Good to hear it is on a better diet now, :) But I highly doubt it's a true German giant. Since the bloodline has basically been bred out entirely.

I did meet a HUGE dragon named Apollo once, and he had to be at least 28" and around 900 grams. He was Huge. I Held him and it was practically like having three bricks on your shoulder. He was very sweet though. :) He could have been a German giant but he basically was just a rare ginormous beardie.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
JIMMIA":2on4vsw3 said:
Beardies cant be friends mainly because they're solitary animals and also very territorial. Being forced together causes a bunch of stress and it's like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. They can be fine for years and then snap and kill each other quite quickly. It doesn't take much for a beardie to kill another beardie. If you saw all the injuries cohabitation can cause you'd understand why its not a good idea. Beardies can rip another's jaw off, tear off limbs, and they can crush each other's skull quite easily, especially if the one that receives the bite is small.

When my two eldest beardies were young, I decided to keep them together in a 55 gallon tank and was going to separate them when Christmas came around. Everything was fine for a while, although there were obvious signs of dominance (basking on top of each other) there wasn't any real aggression. Until one day where I took them out and my female immediately latched onto my males head out of nowhere and wouldn't let go for a bit but she eventually did. Luckily he did not die but he could have if she had bitten him any harder. This accident led to my parents quickly getting the two enclosures I needed for them that I was going to get at Christmas. I was lucky that in that time frame there wasn't any more accidents.

I'd say i got pretty lucky with these two. If I would have picked out a second beardie with the personality of my current youngest I'm pretty sure Saturn would be dead the second I put them together... Neptune is probably the most fearless and defensive beardie I own. The only reptiles that actually scare her might be my snake. Oddly she's tried to fight my tegu through the glass on several occasions... whos much, much larger than both her and the snake.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Very well put VenusAndSaturn. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom