Skinnier With Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Emmalee is 10. For the last year especially I have noticed changes. She used to be quite big and buddah bellied. However, she has now slimmed out and has zero fat pads on her head. Her tail still holds fat. Had her at the vet last year due to rusty liquid being passed in her poop. She had a full work up and all was normal. She did lose weigjt to sickness but put quite a bit back on....however never got back to her usual full size and despite eating well....never gets fat pads on her head anymore. As she was my first dragon....I am not sure if slimming is a normal process.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think I remember Emalee. Is she the one that did the long brumations ? Anyway, as they get older their body can definitely change, just like old people. Can you post pics of her ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I completely agree. They usually do slim down as they get older. Our boy, Eins turned
10 in June this year. He has slimmed down some as well. I can get him to gain some but his
weight is a little less than it used to be.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom