Help!! New beardie owner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrgusta

101501-2965422860.jpg
]Hi. This is urgent. I just got a beardie a couple days ago and today before bed she was just lying there with one of her legs stretched out and her eyes were open. I had turned her light off for the might becuase the breeeder said it was ok to do at night when she goes to bed. i shined a light at the tank and saw her like this and i thought for sure she was dead :( i turned the heat lamp on and she didnt move at all. I reached in and her head moved and she climbed onto my hand. she seems okay, shes moving around and is alert but i want someone to look
101501-7775822826.jpg
at her and tell me if shes sick or if im overreacting :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks OK based on those photos. She may have just been relaxing with her legs straight out (common) and then sleeping. You can set your lights on a timer so they come on and go off automatically. You want them on about 12-14hrs a day and then off at night.

Salai

She looks fine...bearded dragons sometimes relax in weird poses... I’ve been a dragon owner for the second time now and they intend to invent at least a hundred new poses every day or so. Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it!

As for the heat lamps... 12 to 14 h a day, they must be on and working, like the previous reply said.

-Wish you luck, Salai

Apolla

She looks fine. Don't worry, you're going to stress about everything as a new beardie owner. The first time Boga did the sexy leg thing, I freaked out and thought it meant her back legs were paralyzed. Then I googled and found out it's a common thing they do. They're kind of like cats in that they'll lay in weird positions.

It's really cool that she climbed into your hand so soon after you got her.

Everyone is right.. Beardies loooove to sleep in some weird ways sometimes. You'll tilt your head side-ways and say... "how is that comfortable?!" :lol: Last night when I came home from work my beardie was sleeping standing straight up; no joke! Chill-axed his little head on his branch along with his arms.

She looks very healthy. Can't wait to see her grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom