Evacuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arfie8601

Hello so lucky I currently don’t have to evacuate but seeing all the recent people who do, do to the hurricanes make me worried about what I will have to do if I have to ever evacuate. I have two dragons and would like to know the best why to take them with me my main concern is keeping them warm. If anyone knows how to keep them safe and happen if an event like this we’re tp happen it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mon123

https://www.etsy.com/listing/286352181/2-heat-packs-for-emergency-warming?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=etsy%20heat%20packs%20for%20reptiles&ref=sr_gallery-1-21&organic_search_click=1

These warming packs last for 2-3 days. They are used by breeders to ship reptiles. I keep a couple for emergencies. Haven’t needed them yet, fingers crossed. Be sure to wrap the pack in a blanket or towel so it doesn’t touch your beardie directly.

Hope this helps!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A large clear sided 100L - 150L clickclack type tub is a good idea to have set up ready to go (stored in the shed) : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480.

There are 12V heatpads available , so all you need is jumpstarter or spare car battery or a solar panel to power it.
ie http://reptileone.com.au/products/heating/46532

If you are evacuated to get away from a hurricane , you are not likely to be in a cold place unless the place you have evacuated to is airconditioned (and still has electricity) , so I think your evacuated dragon in a tub will be fine for a few days without artificial heating (if the ambient day time temperatures are between 30 - 37 degC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom