Small for age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
96034-479172981.jpg
My bearded dragon will be one year on 10/14/18. He is about 14 1/2 to 15 inches big. He is more aggressive then he should be so measuring is kind of a hassle. I feed him about 20 crickets a day and his collard greens which he eats all of. Both of his parents were over 20 inches long. Do I need to get him more protein or something? He has a long bulb for uvb and sheds frequently (right now he’s starting another shed). He gets Calcium with vitamin D3 and Reptivite reptile vitamins. If you need anything else let me know. Thank you for the help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he's a bit on the small side but is not an unhealthy size. Some dragons are 20 + inches at a year but that doesn't make them more healthy. You might feed him another small bug meal a day for a while but don't be in a hurry to fatten him up. He still has a good 8-12 months of growing to do but it will be at a much slower rate now, especially once he reaches 16-18 months. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom