Rats and beardies????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
(Sorry I don't know where to put this :(

Okay, so,I'm getting two pet male rats soon and I was wondering if they will be able to harm him/if he's able to harm them? Ill be placing the rats next to the enclosure (technically not next, just a couple inches away) and I'm scared that my beardie might climb the cage and attack them or if the rats will try to strike at the beardie???? I have heard of mice almost killing little baby skinks and honestly rats arent very different..

As much as I love Chien, I need to also take care of other critters I could have so if anyone could say anything that would be nice

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Both could definitely kill/harm each other, but your beardie should be in a safe enclosure and not be able to interact with them at all. If you get him out to roam around just make sure he doesn't go near the rats, or set up a border around the rat enclosure so he cant get too close.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":kb4u1db9 said:
Both could definitely kill/harm each other, but your beardie should be in a safe enclosure and not be able to interact with them at all. If you get him out to roam around just make sure he doesn't go near the rats, or set up a border around the rat enclosure so he cant get too close.

Okay, thank you so much! My beardie is in a exo terra 40gal but I'm just very worried that the rats can watch me and figure to how to open the "lock" (they're very smart)

Ill put a cardboard border when I take him out and if I can, try to play with the rats in my room/on the other side of the family room, away from the enclosure

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it would be a good idea to not let them interact at all, because the rats could kill your
dragon. They could probably see each other, but definitely monitor the behavior of your dragon
to be sure he doesn't become stressed.

Good luck!
Tracie

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2tjdlg93 said:
Hello,

I agree, it would be a good idea to not let them interact at all, because the rats could kill your
dragon. They could probably see each other, but definitely monitor the behavior of your dragon
to be sure he doesn't become stressed.

Good luck!
Tracie

Hi tracie, I have picked out the cage for the rats and I don't think my boy would even be able to see them https://www.chewy.com/prevue-pet-products-rat-chinchilla/dp/133468
I think the only way he would be able to see is if he climbed his background and peaked out of the small side of the cardboard that I cut too short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom