Ran out of roaches! Can he eat bigger ones??help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I need some advice!
Today I ran out of my usual dubia roach feeders, I have a shipment coming in soon but I’ll need to get something else in the meantime. I have wax worms which I know aren’t a good staple, (both my calciworms and dubia come in the same shipment). He will not eat crickets at all. My local pet store sells dubia but they are way bigger than I usually feed. My Izzy is a great chewer and is about 4 months and 10.5 inches long. My question is can I feed him the larger Dubias? And if not, what should I feed?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
How much bigger is 'big'? I'm not sure I would do fully grown adults, but if they are a reasonable size it shouldn't be too big a problem. When are you expecting the dubias to come in from your shipment?

Izzythelizzzyy

Original Poster
They’re not full grown adults but they’re about the size of his head. I’m not supposed to get the shipment for a few days. Might resort to cutting them in half

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well Just to add you can do full grown adult roaches to beardies if you cut them in half. The beardies just may not want to eat the roaches then. :|

Exactly how big are the bigger roaches (Like Inches wise)?

*Edit* I Didn't see that you had already mentioned possibly cutting them in half, Sorry Lol.

Izzythelizzzyy

Original Poster
The pet store was sorting them when I came in, saw they had all sorts of sizes, but refused to sell me smaller ones. So I ordered some anyway because I needed something. They're about 1-1.5 inches long. Measured Izzy again and he is roughly 11 inches. I'm a paranoid mom, don't want him to get impacted so hopefully he will eat them cut up and hopefully I can stomach it :puke:

*edit* looks like my shipment is coming in tomorrow so only 1 day of chopping up bugs for me :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom