Hurrican advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaloo

So as yall all probably know hurrican Florance will probaly hit NC. Which means no power which also means no heat lmap/or uvb lamp. And it is a possiblily that we could evacuate. Does someone know what to do in case this all happens? :( :blob8: :blob8:

Living in Florida, I totally know your concern. After Irma our neighborhood lost power for about two weeks (seriously, what the heck electric company). It was extremely stuffy inside the house, so unless it was time for food I had parked myself in the backyard.
I would have to say what I would do. During Irma, about anywhere between 10am and 1pm we lost power. There goes the lighting and heating. I would keep the lizard inside the tank (to soak up any leftover heat from basking areas) unless you need beardie cuddles. The days after the hurricane, go outside with your lizard and plop him down somewhere in the sunshine. He'll be receiving natural UV rays and might like having a little adventure. If you're worried about him wandering off, you could buy a lizard harness, but I think those things look ridiculous. Just keep a close eye on him, taking him out regularly. I think a bearded dragon will be fine doing this for a short period of time. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Have something like this set up : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480 , a 145L tub will be OK for securely evaculating with the dragon , and can easily be put in the back of the car and taken to the evacuation shelter with you.

Don't count on access to live insects or fresh greens , so have some Repashi Grubpie as a backup protein source and VeggieBurger for the veg source , then all you need is water and something to make the stuff in and a set of battery powered scales.

Wont hurt to be without UV and basking lights for a week or two , so long as it's warm enough for the dragon to digest it's food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom