I’m a new owner. Need some help! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW0212

I’m a new owner and I’m concerned with my dragons sleep. The temperature in his tank continues to drop at night to about 70 before I go to bed but since it continues to drop... I turn his regular heat lamp back on cause hes still considered a baby. I’ve only had my dragon for a couple of days. I don’t have another heat source at the moment. Am I going to hurt him? I don’t want him to be exhausted..!! Because he wakes up when I turn the light back on. I’m worried. Can someone give me some peace of mind please

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
If it does not drop below 65 then you dont have to worry about heating... night time temps can range from 65-85. Also instead of messing up his sleep with a bright light, I'd suggest getting a ceramic heat emitter for night time if needed.

CW0212

Original Poster
When turning off the light. The temp went from 100 to 71 within 3 hrs. I’m scared to leave it off long. I don’t have anything else at the moment to use for heat

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
How cold can the room the enclosure is in get to? If the room never drops below 65 don't worry. Also if you have a room heater that would work pretty well at keeping the enclosure warmer until you can get a ceramic heat emitter.

CW0212

Original Poster
I never thought of a little heater. Thank you. That was a lot of help. Do you have any other advice? I am new at this an I’m learning everything. I want my dragon to be happy and healthy. So any tips you can throw my way for that?

CW0212

Original Poster
What about blowing up their beard. My dragons beard just blew up and it was kinda neat but not sure what it means. It was just laying on its log, I just happen to look over and it’s beard got really big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom