New to beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DScorpio73

I have been caring for my bf beardies while he is away. We have 2, Meanie who is slightly aggressive, vivacious and eats just about everything and also poops regularly. Then there's Watson, hes super chill, laid back and 5 yrs old, he doesn't poop as often, doesn't go after his crickets as aggressively and is overall a slug jn comparison. They both seem to be picky eaters when it comes to salads. They both enjoy crickets and dubia, they love romaine lettuce but wont eat kale or acorn squash...I think they should be getting more nutrients than they are but need to know what else to try...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Somewhere in this forum is a list of stuff you can feed -- I printed it off when I was wanting to know what else to feed- here is what is on the list- collards/turnips mustard greens endive- kale mixed but limited- you can also feed them spearmint for smell to draw them to bowl and oregano - sweet potato I used to cook in the microwave and feed it to my older beardie and she loved it- zucchini--yellow squash- and there is fruit- like apples rasp or blueberries strawberries blackberries- I dont think lettuce has alot of nutritional value- carrots is another but I dont feed mine carrots as I feed my dubias carrots -- no bugs from outside- and bugs should be dusted w/ calcium 2-4 times per week for older beardies like over 2 and same w/ vitamins 2 times per week - wax worms butter worms horn worms and super worms can be fed as a treat- too many can plug them up -- for more ideas you can always google food to feed bearded dragons- some of the administrators will have ideas as well

good luck Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom