A West Coast Roaches Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammarDragon18

UPDATED

Do any of y'all order from West Coast Roaches? And has anyone been ordering from them for a long time?

Here's my story:
Last week I ordered two shipments of roaches. I ordered on Tuesday and again on Thursday. The Tuesday shipment at least I know I ordered in time for them to ship that week. (Items ordered on Thursday come after the shipping cutoff of 7 a.m. Wednesday and should go out the following week according to their website.)

It's been over a week, and they haven't shipped my order.

It took a voicemail, multiple texts (they provide a number for you to text and say that's the quickest way to contact them) and two emails to get any kind of status update. I finally heard something yesterday (Tuesday, a week after placing my order for my first shipment) from them saying they'd ship it that day. It's now Wednesday afternoon. They still haven't shipped my order.

UPDATE: They have finally shipped one of my two orders! I got a response from the company saying they were closed for the Labor Day holiday from last Tuesday until today.

Family-run small businesses deserve breaks, too! But they didn't announce the length of their break on their website. Maybe it was on their FB page, but as I do not have a FB account, it's possible they posted about the potential delay there and I didn't see it. :?

Anyway--if anyone has recent experiences or opinions they'd like to share about this company, please share!

GrammarDragon18

Original Poster
BeerdedBiped":2bdvzct3 said:
They only ship two day out of the week according to their website. An order placed on Thursday for example may not ship until Monday. If they have lots of orders or “stuff happens,” further delays are foreseeable as they appear to be a small company.

While I haven’t used them personally, the companies I have ordered seem to vary in shipping responses. I’ve had the same company ship same day one order, and a week later on another. I plan for these delays when I place orders for bugs that way I’m happily surprised when things move quickly.

Have you reached out to them to ask if the delay was intentional for one reason or another or an honest mistake?

Thanks for responding. I've reached out to them multiple times. According to their shipping policy, even if they didn't get around to shipping the order I placed last Tuesday last week, they should have shipped it by now. I understand that the order I placed last Thursday would not have shipped last week, but according to their policy it should have shipped this week, too.

I have contacted them asking them if I made some kind of mistake in filling my order that's causing the delay. Obviously this could just be the result of something I did......but if so, could they at least let me know?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Never heard of them but ordered thru RoachKing out of CA and they ship their roaches in USPS boxes w/ them running loose in the second box- didnt know this and when I got my first order I had roaches running everywhere- they were slow to get order out as well - I am not ordering from them anymore and order from Dubias.com - they ship our right away usually next day so I get my order 2 days later- the roaches come in containers - so you can keep them in the same thing they ship in -- just thought I 'd share

karrie

GrammarDragon18

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1k0a3ce5 said:
Never heard of them but ordered thru RoachKing out of CA and they ship their roaches in USPS boxes w/ them running loose in the second box- didnt know this and when I got my first order I had roaches running everywhere- they were slow to get order out as well - I am not ordering from them anymore and order from Dubias.com - they ship our right away usually next day so I get my order 2 days later- the roaches come in containers - so you can keep them in the same thing they ship in -- just thought I 'd share

karrie

Thanks!! I ordered from Dubideli.com today--and they shipped today!! I was thinking about dubias.com so thanks for mentioning them. Finding reviews is challenging.

Ziggy17

Hello!

I get all of my roachies from West coast and I have never had an issue with them! Actually, I have an email contact and if I have an emergency they can get roaches out to me asap. I've been using them for probably four months now. That being said, they do only ship m-w. So if you get your order in after Thurs you will have to wait until the following week for them to send. Also, since it is a small family run business, delays and holidays sometimes set back what they can get out or what they have in stock. Although, I am very surprised it was such an issue for you to get in contact with them. Sorry about that experience!

I really like their reoccurring order option. I have 100 mediums sent to me every two weeks ( until my colony is up and going). This is enough for my beardie especially since I've got extras in the feeder tank that I also let grow and will transfer to the colony.

Hope your new company does a better job for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom