Laziest Dragon Of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I need some possible tips to possible ween my bearded dragon off of the terribly lazy habits she has developed. She is very healthy, spunky and active. Runs around the house for hours on end and plays with our dog. She has great temps and lighting in tank even though at times she can look slightly lethargic however that seems to come from possible boredom as the moment I take her out of the tank she gets bolts of energy. So my issue is feeding time. She makes it the most extensive process. I put her live feed in a small bowl and literally carry her over to it. She will hover her head above it and attempt to eat it, however if it is not close enough to her she does not even bother. It is not until I take the feed out of the bowl and drop it next to her that she cares. She will eat 15-20 superworms/crickets in a session by doing this. If the live feed crawls away from her too quickly though. She does not pursue. It could be within short distance of her and she will still want it to be closer to eat it.

Why is she so lazy? I have a feeling I created this bad habit as I did hand feed her for awhile. I have thought about skipping a day or so to build up her hunger enough to hunt on her own but I don't want to starve my baby either ): anyone else come across this? Its not like she hasn't hunted on her own before. She loses interest so easily.

Dustybeardie18

This sounds like our dragon at feeding time. I had no idea they were like this prior to getting one. In the morning we have to take him off his blanket in his hammock to try to feed him.
This week since our schedules changed with school, we began feedings in a smaller enclosure. We have found success with dropping the Dubia Roaches in this way as I don’t like to leave them unattended in the tank. He seems to do better hunting in this smaller enclosure without any distractions. It also doesn’t leave the calcium dust in his tank which can annoy me. I don’t know if this may help in your situation:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom